Rails or Ruby on Rails is a web application development framework which is written in the Ruby language. It is designed to make programming web applications
easier by making assumptions about what every developer needs to get started. It allows you to write less code while accomplishing more than many other
languages and frameworks.
1. Rails is based on MVC (Model View Controller) approach.
2. An extensive library of AJAX functions is available in Rails.
3. Development of Search Engine Friendly or Custom URLs.
4. Detailed error Log.
6. Improved security.
7. Strong dependency management.
Pros and Cons are:
1. Fast process of programming as compared to other programming languages.
2. Easy to accommodate changes.
3. Good testing framework support is available.
4. Most of supported libraries are open source.
5. Cost effective.
6. Great Community.
1. Difficult to learn.
2. All of the web hosts does not support Rails based websites.
3. Performance and scalability issues.
4. Not popular as Java and PHP.
5. Not fast as compared to other languages.
1. Scalable web application development.
2. Porting to Ruby on Rails an existing web applications build in other technologies .
3. Plugin Development.
4. Responsive Design.
5. Front end development in HTML, CSS, Jquery, JS etc.