WordPress is a content management system (CMS) and free open-source blogging tool based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress is used by more than 20% of all of the websites on the internet. On the Web WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use. WordPress is great platform for eCommerce web development. WordPress is integrated with eCommerce Plug-ins (i.e WP eCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Jigoshop, eShop, Dokan etc.) to develop a Custom eCommerce website.
Features of WordPress:
1. WordPress is Open source and available for free.
2. Multiple themes are available.
3. Many Plug-ins for wordpress eCommerce web development are available.
4. Add products to catalogue easily.
5. Multiple payment gateways support(I.e Pay-pal, Stripe, Express Checkout and Authorize.net etc).
6. Robust coupon management.
7. Strong Inventory management.
8. Multiple security Plug-ins are available.
9. Easy product management.
10. Social Integration.
Pro and Cons of WordPress eCommerce:
Pros of WordPress:
1. Easy to develop and cheap.
2. Due to multiple themes availability eCommerce website can have multiple designs.
3. Multiple search engine optimization plug-ins.
4. Multiple caching plug-ins for efficient and fast performance.
5. Large community and support is available.
6. efficient for small eCOmmerce businesses.
Cons of WordPress:
1. Constantly it remains under different kind of hacking attacks due to largely installed.
2. Themes and plug-in needs to be updated so it can create a lot of troubles.
3. It is not good for large scale eCommerce businesses.
1. Theme development.
2. Features and module development.
3. Installation, maintenance and support.
5. Template integration.
6. Payment gateways support.
7. Performance optimization.
8. Responsive design for different screen sizes.